Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Intro to My Projects

I've been doing a lot of updating of my house lately, so I've decided to start chronicling my adventures in DIY home renovations.

The renovations started immediately after I purchased my home in 2008.  My house was a disgusting, no color, carpeted cat piss box of a foreclosure when I purchased it.  I immediately ripped up the stank ass carpet and vinyl floor, and installed laminate wood flooring and tile throughout the house. I painted the walls with Eddie Bauer Almond Oil, and added 2 accent walls in Cabin Red. 
Living Room. The fugly fireplace will be dealt with.
Bedroom. Yes, I was channeling my inner gothic teenager.
I had someone install the floor and tile, but I've gotten cheap and stubborn in my old age and decided I could tackle the rest of this house on my own. Hopefully this blog will help some other cheap, lazy DIYer with their renovations, or at least to learn from my mistakes.

Or it will just help me to remember what the hell I've done and what I used to do it. Whatevs.

1 comment:

  1. Your bathroom came out fantastic! I love painted cabinets. I know what you mean about oak builder-grade cabinets - so ugly. Can't wait to see your kitchen counters finished.

    ReplyDelete